Tata Crucible Corporate Edition 2013 – Hyderabad
Infosys – Sridhar Reddy and Surendra Reddy
Sai Mitra Constructions – Naveen Kumar and Ravi Shekar
PRELIMINARY ROUND QUESTIONS:
1. Which company discovered the polymer ‘Lycra’?
– Du Pont
2. How is the mobile service network company popularly known as BATATA known today?
– Idea Cellular
3. Who is the official brand ambassador of the State of West Bengal?
– Shah Rukh Khan
4. Who was the founding president of facebook and a co-founder of Napster?
– Shawn Parker
5. Logo of which game?
– Subway Surfers
6. This is a term that describes ‘an informal channel of business communication generally by means of gossip’. What?
7. What is the tax levied on every purchase on sale of securities in India that are listed?
– STT (Security Transaction Tax)
8. ‘Your world delivered’ is the tagline of which telecom company?
9. This was the former name of SanDisk, the name was coined by founder Eli Harari’s daughter who suggested a name that sounded cheerful & sunny. What was the suggested name?
– Jos Alukkas
11. The world’s first smartphone with Firefox OS was launched in July 2013. What is it called?
– ZTE Open
12. Which clothing brand was founded by Don & Doris Fisher refers to a phrase used to describe a generational difference between baby boomers and their parents?
– GAP Clothing
13. Who owns the brands Nickelodeon, MTV and VH1?
– Viacom International
14. Which company was started when its founder created the plastic coated tetrahedron patented on 27 March 1944?
– Tetra Pak
15. Which group owns this?
– Enadu Group/ Ramoji Rao Group
16. Which company is the subject of the Adam Cohen book, ‘The Perfect Store’?
17. First introduced in 1878 by Constantin Fahlberg, a chemist working at the Johns Hopkins University, he noticed a sweet taste on his hand one evening and connected this with the compound that he had been working on that day. What did he create?
18.”Transform your face on FB” was a controversial app launched by which company in India?
19. This online music streaming service was started in 2007 when Snehal Shinde and her brother saw the lack of bollywood specific streaming services. What did they create?
20. Identify the person from the algorithm –
Larry Page; PageRank