Tata Crucible Corporate Edition 2013 – Goa – External Track Questions
Savoir Faire : Harshavardhan Bhatkuly and Rajiv D Silva
- RUNNER UP:
Marphous Human Consulting – Ashish Nalavade and Shoib Syed
1. Iridium, Bionic, Kinetic, Platinum, Evolution, Karbon, Vendetta and Pulse. This is a list of what?
Puma Cricket Bats
2. What do Psephologist do?
Scientifically analyse elections
3. EPCOT is an acronym of Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow, a Utopian city of the future planned in Bay Lake, Florida by which company?
Disney. EPCOT is the second of four theme parks built at Walt Disney World in Bay Lake, Florida.
4. Sold their trademark and entered into 10 years of legal commitment. After 20 years have forayed back in the sector with a brand which derives name from a country. Which group?
Café Cuba-Parle Group
5. In 1890, pharmacist Lunsford Richardson took over the retail drug business of his brother-in-law Dr. Joshua of Greensboro, North Carolina. After Dr. Joshua saw an advertisement for particular Seeds, Lunsford Richardson began marketing Family Remedies. Which brand thus took birth?
6. What is Grosholtz which is a threshold revenue measuring system in UK?
Revenue from tourist footfalls in Madame Tussaud Museum (Marie Tussaud was born as Anna Maria Grosholtz)
1. Identify the logo:
Shopping, Seduction & _____________?
Baba Zarda of DS Group, The couple being Mazhar Khan and Zeenat Aman in the erstwhile iconic ad.
4. Sir Rajendra Nath Mookerjee is known to have founded two important entities in India. Along with Sir Acquin Martin, he founded Martin & Co. and contributed to the success of James Erskine founded Bengal Iron works at Kulti. Later he joined G.H.Fairhurst in founding the 1st iron ore mining co. in Burnpur which later became what?
IISCO (Indian Iron and Steel Company)
5. Driven by curiosity and ambition, he took up a job as a mill-hand. He wanted to understand the entire gamut of operations; his big break came only at the age of 31. Along with Chandulal Mahadevia and Arthur Shorrock, an Englishman who knew some British textile-machinery manufacturers in Lancashire, he took over the management of a small mill in Ahmedabad, and named it the Shorrock Mill. Of the initial equity capital of Rs 3.25 lakhs, Mr. Mafatlal picked up 30 shares of Rs 1,000 each while his father picked up another 30 shares. Along with his partners, he evolved an innovative scheme to raise the rest of the funds. In those days, business concerns were run by managing agencies. So, the enterprising partners promised investors a share in the managing agency. Which company came into existence thus?
6. [Text of question not available] Question on Vishnu Ramakrishna and founding of:
1. In 2013, this became India’s first auto brand to cross 3 million Facebook fans. (Buzzer Pressed)
2. This Tata brand derives its name from the pattern of musical notes. (Buzzer Pressed)
3. Which Tata company releases Quarterly Newsletter-Sun Sells?
Tata BP Solar
4. Ginger Hotel (Buzzer Pressed)
Root Corporation; Parent Company
Project Xanadu. It was the first hypertext project, founded in 1960 by Ted Nelson; Xanadu is the fictional estate of Charles Foster Kane, the title character of the film; Bill Gates’ house has been nicknamed “Xanadu 2.0”
Theodore Roosevelt. United States Forest Service was formed in the administration of President Theodore Roosevelt; Teddy bear named after President Theodore Roosevelt; Roosevelt’s bust on the minted dimes.
1. Flagship Product of Cubatabaco’s Habanos owned Romeo y Julieta is named after which Prime Minister? (Buzzer Pressed)
Winston Churchill. The flagship vitola of the brand is named in his honor.
2. Astronut& Lunar Cheese Cake were the two flavors launched by Baskin & Robbins in 1969 in honor of what? (Buzzer Pressed)
The first astronauts setting foot on the moon in 1969.
3. Clinique, Beautiful, Bronze Goddess, Youth Dew, Modern Muse, Pleasures (Buzzer Pressed)
Questions contributed by Kumar Saurabh, currently working with The Manipal Group. He is an HR enthusiast and an avid quizzer. He runs a quizzing group on FB – inquisitivemindzz and a blog.