Tata Crucible Campus Edition 2014 – Jamshedpur – Preliminary Round Questions
- WINNER :
XLRI Jamshedpur – Prithwish Datta and Abhishek Padhye
- RUNNER UP :
NIT Jamshedpur – Palak Kumar and Akash Kumar
10 years, and the Crucible was back to where it started! Jamshedpur witnessed a do or die scenario with XLRI winning on the last question. The excited(literally standing throughout the last round) youngsters from NIT Jamshedpur gave XLRI a serious run for their money. “There is a reason why XLRI is XLRI.”, said the Pickbrain. XLRI lived up to its tradition of never losing a Crucible at Jamshedpur.
1. Which Broadcaster in India had the motto “Bahujan Hitaya; Bahujan Sukhaya” ?
A. All India Radio
2. What is so unique about Kafee HAG ?
A. World’s first decaffeinated coffee
3. Which alumnus of the LSE and a law minister in the Nehru Cabinet wrote Problems of the Rupee in 1923, and Evolution of Provincial Finance in British in 1924?
A. Dr. B. R. Ambedkar
4. Identify the company?
5. With which India would you associate Dharma Productions with ?
A. Karan Johar
6. Whose Neighbour to Neighbour program in 1990s was one of the first viral marketing campaign which involved intelligent email response ?
A. Tide (Procter and Gamble)
7. A Rhodes Scholar and Oxford Alumnus, he was one of the youngest Division Chief of the World Bank, was later on the board of IMF, and replaced K.C Pant to hold an important economic position in India. Who ?
A. Montek Singh Ahluwalia
8. Logo. Segoe and Logotype. Segoe font used for in its corporate logo. square and colours. (this was a very long giveaway question?
A. Microsoft Windows logo
9. The US Coinage ACT of 1864 mandates the presence of which inscription on all coins made in US ?
A. “In God We Trust”
10. Who is the title sponsor of India’s Premier Football League (I-League) ?
11. Identify the club?
A. Mohun Bagan
12. Expand BHEL.
A. Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited
13. What is a loan that is a monetary loan that is repaid in regular payments over a set period of time. These loans usually last between one and ten years, but may last as long as 30 years in some cases. This kind of loans usually involve an unfixed interest rate that will add additional balance to be repaid
A. Term Loan
14. Mondelez International – Identify the British confectionery brand owned by them.
15. The name X is a contraction of Second Watch – coined by Nichole Lopez.
16. Connect: Modern Warfare, World at War, Black Ops, and Ghosts.
A. Call of Duty
17. “My junior Account” by?
A. Kotak Mahindra Bank
18. Who said on losing 20,000 pounds that I can calculate the movement of the stars, but not the madness of men.
A. Isaac Newton
19. What company was founded in 1856 by Ezra Cornell and Hiram Sibley? (Hint: Morse Telegraphic Experiments )
A. Western Union Money Transfer
20. Long question on private cigarette produced for fidel castro by a famous company. the word cohiba was also there in the question.
Questions contributed by Mr. Anirban Kundu.
As per Anirban “Brimming with contagious energy and ready wit, Anirban is the jack of all trades (master of some). An entrepreneur in the making, he dreams of being on the cover of TIME one day. Don’t be surprised if you have seen him before on television (on shows like NSE History TV18 Young Pioneers). This year he was also a semifinalist in NDTV Croma TechGrandmasters-3. He has an interesting wish to be on the Google Doodle someday. Anirban’s motto in life – dream. believe. achieve.”