Tata Crucible Campus Edition 2014 – Kolkata – Regional Finals Questions
- WINNER :
IISER – Anurag and Abhishek Mishra
- RUNNER UP :
Punjab Engineering College – Abhishek Bhambhu and Gursheel Singh
Wild Card Round:
1. 360 is the name of this air freight company launched by this man who revolutionised passenger air travel in India, Identify the man?
Ans. Capt. Gopinath
2. This logo adopted in 1958, called the “Centurion”features prominently on the travellers cheques issued by this financial company, Identify the company?
Ans. American Express
3. Hilton Young was a British economist, what was his contribution to India?
Ans: He headed the panel which recommended the creation of the RBI
4. In its initial days the company was called “ Chloride Electric Storage Company”, which popular Indian company ?
5. This famous engineer, whose fathers roots can be traced to Bengal, said “…better sound through research”.?
Ans: Amar Bose
6. Box TV, Speaking tree are columns which appear regularly in which newspaper?
Ans: The Times of India
7. One of the earliest products of the company was pencils, they have named themselves after how we like our pencils to be, which company ?
8. He is the founder director and joint managing director of Chess Management Services India Ltd, and the son of a Harvard trained politician in India . Who?
Ans: Karthi Chidambaram
9. House of Cards a political drama which has had an exclusive release on which platform?
Ans: Net Flix
10. Which country has brought out a ban on Twitter recently, Turkey, Singapore or Sultanate of Oman ?
Round 1—Global AtTENtion:
1. Legend now has taken over Paul’s enterprise which the guys at don’t be evil owned for a while?
Ans: Reference to Lenovo’s takeover of Motorola from Google.
2. Sam’s club in modern day India believes the “best price would work”.
3. Dick’s life as a businessman began as a student and as of 2012 he is looking at the stars and wants to send a launcher to space?
Ans: Richard Branson.
4. Not only did Maggie carry his work I her hand bag, she believed his ideas to be a moral. In 1756, he wrote his famous work that enquired into the theory and causes of the wealth of nations. Who?
Ans: Adam Smith
5. An English teacher and a writer who loved history and studied at Stanford created this company named after a sea captain, Name the company?
6. The French love two colors Red and green, they love to take breaks from work, travel long and eat well, till this came along, they did not know where to find it all in one place.
Ans. Michelin Guides.
Round 2—Visual PoTENtial:
1. Image of a magazine “Tiger Tales”?
Ans. Inflight magazine of Tiger Airways
2. Loyalty Card titled “Coffee Club”-Whose?
Ans. Costa Coffee
3. Trademark titled “Who moved my Cheese”—Who owns it?
Ans. Spencer Johnson.
Ans.Image of a commemorative coin on Soccer issued by Brazil showing all the years it has participated.
5. [Advertisement] ”Out of the box solutions for all your home theatre needs”
Ans. JBL Audiosystems
6. Image of a milk vending machine name—“ Any time Milk”?
Round 3—Tata World:
1.Rated among one of the most environmentally friendly products in its category it is produced by a tie up between the TATA’s and Gyuasa of Japan. What?
Ans. Tata Green batteries.
2. Tata’s 4*4 trucks named after a noble gas?
3. “i Raksha” is a offering from the TATA group and which global gaint?
4. What are “Flavourits”
Ans. Flavoured salts from TATA Chemicals.
Round 3—Think TEN fold – Connect questions:
Round 4—Rapid Interest:
a) J Pritzker brought out the original owners.
b) “Andaz”- is what they call their upscale boutique inspired properties.
c) They have properties styled like residences.
a) Venue 7&8 are their offerings.
a) Goldfin technology and Blue Ion are their innovations
b) Image of Nandilal Dhoot
a) Tagline—“ There is only one”
b) Has been in the fastening business for 50+ years
c) Invention of the thing was inspired on the slopes of a mountain
Questions contributed by Mr. George Mathew, a lawyer working with a Bank. He is a quiz enthusiast.