Tata Crucible Campus Quiz – 2014 – Delhi Edition – Preliminary Round
- WINNER :
Delhi School of Economics – Om Prakash and Manu Abbi
- RUNNER UP :
NSIT – Sarthak K and Shashank Singh
Other Finalists- Satyawati College, FMS, IIFT, Great Lakes Institute of Mgmt.
1) Andre Jacques Garnerin, a Frenchman, was the 1st to do this 216 yrs ago. An innovation from the world of aviation.
2) Markel Service (Canada) – original name of a company- It was in the news in 2013-14. How do we know it today?
3) The Secretariat Building in Delhi-comprises of North Block and South Block. In which one would you find the Finance Ministry?
A. North Block
4) Identify the brand?
A. Rooh Afza
5) ‘We believe every story has a human side which deserves to be told”. Which TV Channel?
A. Al Jazeera
6) McDonalds- launching its premium coffee shops in India. What’s the chain called?
7) Which bank publishes an art magazine called ArtMag? (HINT- Citi/Deutsche/SBI)
A. Deutsche Bank
8) This memorial in Canada is connected to which Indian company?
A. Air India
9) Finance Minister- holds an unlikely distinction of presenting 2 union budgets on his birthdays- On Feb 29- In 1964 & 1968. Who?
A. Morarji Desai
10) Company photographer- Charles Clemens- on observing a tractor being tested saw that it crawled like an insect. The company guys seized on a metaphor and named the company after the insect.
11) TT Varadrajan- founded Maya Appliances in 1978. Name its popular brand of mixers named after a girl?
A. Prithi Mixers
12) Print ad for a financial literacy campaign. Identify the foundation?
A. Charles Schwab Foundation
13) Hero’s Maestro and Pleasure- segmented on the basis of __________
14) Economist- Raj Krishna coined this term to denote a low growth rate,(around 3.5%) that India was going through between 1950 and 1980?
A. Hindu rate of growth
15) Company – ‘Laundry Blue’- 1852- combination of synthetics ultramarine and sodium bicarbonate. One of the first widely marketed products manufactured by the company.
A. Reckitt & Coleman (now, Reckitt Benckiser)
16) Identify the company?
17) Which surname/term derived from the Arabic word ‘Javhari’?
18) How do we better know Fuller’s Earth?
A. Multani Mitti
19) Hausla Buland Academy- initiative of this brand (Hint: revolves around the number ’5000’.)
20) Identify the logo?
A. Encyclopaedia Britannica
Questions contributed by Mr. Subhodeep Jash. Subhodeep is a lawyer, working in the field of public policy and research.