Tata Crucible Corporate Edition 2014 – Hyderabad – Regional Finals Questions
Sai Mitra Constructions – Naveen Kumar and Phani Mahesh
Infosys – Sridhar Reddy and Surendra Reddy
Teams in Finals:
- ICRA : Anand Babu and Ms.Pallavi Dora
- TCS : Mahesh V and Ms.Krishnaveni
- Sai Mitra Constructions : Naveen Kumar and Phani Mahesh
- Infosys : Sridhar Reddy and Surendra Reddy
- TCS : Priyambad Pattanayak and Ayappa K
- Infosys : Pranay Nehru and Vijay P
Round – 1
1) Steven Spurrier, a British wine merchant organized a wine competition in 1976, in which a team from USA won the competition by blind tasting, which competition?
A) Judgment of Paris
2) MMYT is its NASDAQ ticker?
4) This brand introduced its slogan in 1911 after it began adding magnesium carbonate as an absorbing agent to its product to ensure that it poured freely; calcium silicate is now used instead for the same purpose. Which brand and what was the slogan?
A) Morton Salt – When it rains it pours
5) Started in 1851 as Bay State Glass Co?
6) Born in 1971, it has remained unchallenged as the No.1 in its Segment. The success formula is the sharp fizz combined with the single minded proposition of the brand as the provider of “Freshness”?
Round – 2
1) The wholesaler Costco in US released Engagement rings with a brand name X, for which another company sued them saying that X is their trademark, for which Costco responded saying that X is no longer a trademark and has now become generic. Identify X?
A) Ram Charan
3) Google tied-up with which pharma company to develop its “smart” contact lens to help diabetics monitor their glucose levels?
4) Identify the logo?
A) AMRO Bank
6) When this car brand was released in 1961, Enzo Ferrari called it “The most beautiful car ever made”?
A) Jaguar E Type
7) Digital Domain is an American visual effects and digital production company founded by Stan Winston, Scott Ross and which other famous personality?
A) James Cameron
A) Charlie Chaplin selling War bonds in 1918
Round – 3
1) The Burr–Hamilton duel between two prominent American politicians: the former Secretary of the Treasury Alexander Hamilton and sitting Vice President Aaron Burr, on July 11, 1804 was the inspiration for which famous commercial?
A) Got Milk
2) The International Standard is ISO 9407:1991, “______ ________ —Mondopoint system of sizing and marking” describes what?
A) Shoe Sizes
3) Identify the founder?
A) Hakeem Hafiz Abdul Majeed – Hamdard
4) According to Rumor! by Hal Morgan and Kerry Tucker, X had six editions, five for different regions of the country and one for the military. Each edition had a certain number of ads intended for the regional audience only. The stars enabled the distribution people to identify the editions and send them to the right place. Identify X?
A) Playboy Magazine
5) Identify the AD?
A) Nicklas Bendtner – Fined £80,000 for promoting Paddy Power
A) Mars chocolates
8) Director of Bajaj Electricals. In 1993, he was elected as the President of the Indian Merchants Chamber, and was the youngest to hold the prestigious post. He was involved in formulating and driving economic agenda for industry which continues through various institutions?
A) Harsh Goenka
Questions contributed by Mr. Naveen Kumar. Many congratulations to Naveen on winning the Hyderabad regional! We wish the best for the national finals!