Tata Crucible Corporate Edition 2014 – Chandigarh – Preliminary Round Questions
Bharat Petroleum – Kshitij Maheswari and Nagesh Mittal
- RUNNER UP:
Infosys – Gaurav Kharbanda and Siddhath Malhotra
As per Hitesh, our contributor, the cut-off was 12.
Preliminary Round Questions:
1) This was the classic case of “ambush marketing” promoting the availability of its services in Norway (for the Olympics in 1994 in Lillehammer) with an advertisement saying “So if you’re traveling to Norway, you’ll need a passport but you don’t need a Visa.” Identify the company.
A) American Express
2) Oskar Barnack invented the first double frame miniature camera in which there were two frames of 35 mm. Identify the company.
A) Leica Camera
3) In 1951, treaty of Paris was signed creating the european coal & steel community this let to Treaty of Rome in 1957 & the formation of what organisation ?
A) European Coal and Steel Community (ECSC).
4) Identify the phrase coined ?
A) 5 o’clock shadow
5) He joined Glendinning Associates, then James Gulliver and then worked for sports agent Mark McCormack. He joined Saatchi & Saatchi in 1975, and was group finance director from 1977 until 1984. Often referred to as “The Third Brother”. Who?
A) Martin Sorrell
6) More than 44 million people watch the parade on television each year. It was first televised locally in 1939 as an experimental broadcast. What ?
A) Thanksgiving Parade
7) This is a security bug disclosed in April 2014 in the OpenSSL cryptography library with the logo representing a part of our human body. Security company Codenomicon gave_______ both a name and a logo, contributing to public awareness of the issue. What ?
A) Heart Bleed
8) Question with a picture of first cover page of Fortune magazine.
9) Ph.D. in economics from Yale University in 1971 for a thesis titled ‘Employment, Output and Capital Accumulation in an Open Economy: A Disequilibrium Approach’ under the supervision of James Tobin and Joseph Stiglitz. Who?
A) Janet Yellen
10) Expand ESMA ?
A) Essential Services Maintenance Act
11) Founded by Lloyd Marshall Dorfman and bought by the Indian born B.R. Shetty. What are we talking about?
A) Travelex Group
12) “Screw It, Lets Do It’ is the autobiography of?
A) Richard Branson
13) Identify logo.
14) What word is derived from the Persian word for Wool?
15) This private limited company belonging to Vikram Kothari Enterprises, was incorporated in the year 1992. The project was conceived with an objective to provide good quality and economically priced ball pens. Which company?
A) Rotomac pen
16) Two decade after it hived off its carbonated soft drink portfolio, Parle Agro recently announced its re-entry into 15k crore cola market in 2013. Identify the product it came up with?
A) Café Cuba
17) The company originally marketed its new product as “Diastoid”, but trademarked the name “malted milk” in 1887, during the WW-I this product was extensively used by the soldiers as nutritional drink. Which household brand has been described named after two brothers?
18) Introduced by the GSK in UK during the WW II as an essential nutritional supplement for soldiers. What?
19) Identify the logo.
A) La Martina
Questions contributed by Hitesh Kamboj.