Tata Crucible Corporate Edition 2014 – Chennai – Preliminary Round Questions
TCS – Jayakanthan and Debabratha Mallik
- RUNNER UP:
Latent View Analytics – Kaushik and Pritheesh
Preliminary Round Questions:
1. French wine & brandy named after him and an 1996 ad campaign had the phrase “ooh aah”, all connected with which football star?
A. Eric Cantona
2. Gene Roddenberry drafted a proposal for the science fiction series and publicly marketed it as a “Western in outer space.”
A. Star Trek
3. Conte grading system developed by Nicolas Conte, to measure hardness of what?
4. Charles Milford, an American reporter came up with the name _____, that is iconic in world of finance?
A. Wall Street Journal
5. Currencies of Bulgaria(LEV), Romania(LEU) and Moldova mean what in their respective languages? Clue: It is an animal.
6. Coined by youth marketers to get kids to agree, describing the process for marketing in a tone appropriate to children under 12 years. What term?
7. Sometime in the 1940s, specific machines which used thermal energy built by German company ‘I. A. Topf and Sons, Erfurt’? Clue: Used in concentration camps.
8. [Visual] Print ad in relation to a brand of kitchen towels. Identify.
9. The circled K is a registered mark and can only be used with the permission of its owner, the Organized Kashruth Laboratories of New York, a private certifying concern. What does it denote?
10. After being deemed not good enough by JWT, he managed to get a job at Sharp McManus as copy writer in 1970s & latter observed that his work in advertising ‘taught me to write like a job’. Who?
A. Salman Rushdie
11. This automobile brand which became a pop-culture idol was designed by an in-house Lincoln-Mercury Division team led by Joe Oros and won the Tiffany Gold Medal for excellence in American design, the first automobile ever to do so. What?
12. Identify the brand. Clue: H_____N______
A. Harvey Nichols
13. Games designed is credited to Nathaniel Cook. Made of ebony & ivory and possibly the first use of expert testimonial to promote a commercial product. What?
14. William Scott Pinckney, CEO of which direct selling company was arrested by Andhra Pradesh police recently?
15. Water based aerosol foam which is white and non toxic. Manufactured by Comex & made of biodegradable products. What?
A. Spray used in FIFA World Cup matches by referees.
16. This Russian, son of a farmer, invented something that is popular in today’s world, especially Pakistan. What?
A. Mikhail Kalashnikov
17. He recently purchased Harlequin from Torstar Corp, owner of Toronto Star, Canada’s largest daily newspaper. Who?
A. Rupert Murdoch
18. This big diversified company acquired Bangalore-based Balan Natural Foods B, a natural juice brand, for about 100 crore. Which one?
A. Vishal Sikka
20. Identify the brand from the print ad.
A. Ray Ban
Questions contributed by Jitendra Gaglani and Madanish Kanna.