Tata Crucible Corporate Edition 2014 – Ranchi – Preliminary Round Questions
Bokaro Steel – S.W. Kispotta and Anand Raj
- RUNNER UP:
Bokaro Steel – Debabrata Chowdhury and Rajiv Gautam
Preliminary Round Questions:
1. For this post, Rs.15000/- is deposited with RBI. Rs. 1.5lacs is the salary but $3.8 million is spent per annum for this post. T.N. Seshan & P.A. Sangma failed. Which post?
A. President of India.
2. Co-branded products with Ferrari; Name is the latin word which means acute, sharp, able & facile. Which company?
3. “The Miracle of Science’’ is the present tagline since 1999. Previous tagline was: “Better things for better living through chemistry.” Identify this huge chemical company.
4. Logo of?
A. Eureka Forbes
5. World leader during the World War 2. He got a supply of cigars from India and loved Camel cigars. Who?
A. Winston Churchill
6. Set up in 1923 as a temporary ad sign of a real estate company’s project. Dimensions were given.Identify the structure that is visible from long distances.
A. Hollywood sign
7. This artist has sold more art costing above $1million dollars than any other artists in world. Who?
A. Pablo Picasso
8. Which company did he found?
9.Set up in 1879,this ‘Great 5 cent’’ store was founded by W.H.Moore. Identify this retail and clothing store.
10. VALS is a HR term that came about in 1978. If A=Attitude, L=Life, S=Style; what is V?
11. This HR term indicates recruiting staff higher than actually required. What term?
A. Feather Bedding
12. Founder goes by the name, K. Gupta. Which company did he found?
13. He played the role of Lala Haveli Ram in the tele serial ‘Buniyad’in mid 80s.Identify this exemployee of Kitply industries.
A. Alok Nath
14. The Plain Vanilla Company of Finland has launched this popular application. Which?
15. This derogatory term for accountants,bankers etc. One word in relation to coffee plantations.
16. Logo of a:IKEA B:Swedish match c:IBM
A. Swedish Match
17. These two villages from Chattarpur, Delhi have supplied people to do a specific job since the Mahabharata days. Many establishments like bars/restaurants engage them for their physically imposing figures. What are they called?
18. The logo of this bank contains two pillars, a tree and three ‘M’’s.
A. Bank of Maharashtra
19. This business man had to purchase an electric car for his wife Clara in 1914.
A. Henry Ford
20. Print advertisement for PETA.
Questions contributed by S. S.Panda.