Tata Crucible Corporate Edition 2014 – Ranchi – Regional Finals Questions
Bokaro Steel – S.W. Kispotta and Anand Raj
- RUNNER UP:
Bokaro Steel – Debabrata Chowdhury and Rajiv Gautam
Regional Finals Questions:
1. World’s first manufacturer of Terry Towel opened its factory in 1850. Now known as a different name.
2. This bull is found in an Asian country and has a major say in the world economy. Name the city.
4. Question on brown vans used in the USA and the company in question is UPS.
5. Dennis Gabor invented something in 1940s which was widely relevant in India last year.
6. HMS Birkenhead capsized in 1852, this has led to a protocol which is still is followed all over the world.
Allowing the women and children to board the life boats first.
7. She is Rebecca Webb Carranza, someone who invented/popularized something that is liked by all. What?
A. Tortilla Chips
A. Force India F1 team
A. KKR IPL team
10. T.T. Varadarajan floated Maya Appliances, the makers of the well-known mixie brand Preethi. His famous uncle was a finance minister at the Central Government Cabinet. Who?
A. T.T. Krishnamachari
11. The La Colombe has formed the alliance with ______ for charity in Africa.
A. Leonardo DiCaprio
13. This street in London gave rise to which cigarette brand.
A. Pall Mall
14. Book written by?
A. Kishore Biyani
15. The 5th pocket which is the smallest one in Levi’s jeans was made for which purpose?
A. Keeping pocket watches by the miners.
16. Seen in the picture is John F. T. Jane. What did he help created?
Jane’s Defence review which later became Jane’s Defence Weekly
17. 1st escalator in Mumbai was in this building. Which one?
A. Air India Nariman Point building.
18. Who is he?
A. Lenovo founder Liu Chuanzhi
19. This company was taken over by a huge company. Which?
A. MICO taken over by Bosch
20. Connect the milk bottle to the US Great Depression era which had long queues of unemployed people to a very infamous person.
A. Al Capone; He was responsible for expiration dates on milk bottles/jugs.
Questions contributed by S. S.Panda.