Tata Crucible Campus Edition 2015 – Vizag – Preliminary Round Questions
Gitam Institute of Technology – Mr. Bharath K and Ayyappa Chaitanya
- RUNNER UP:
Gitam Institute of Technology – Susanth and Singam
Preliminary Round Questions:
1. Which company is investing 1700 crore in Visakhapatnam, it is famous for walls?
A. Asian Paints
2. The designs shown here are related to what?
A. Levi Strauss
3. Identify the group?
A. Network 18
4. Lalitaji is a no – nonsense, smart, independent and prudent homemaker. She is conscious of her budget and yet will never compromise on the quality of products that she buys. Which detergent brand from HUL is promoted by Lalitaji?
A. Surf Excel
5. Identify the man in the picture?
A. Sam Walton
6. Which automobile manufactured by the Ford Motors means “cool” in Italian, as it is a cool car to drive around the town?
7. These two companies merged, thereby creating the fourth largest private sector bank in the country. Identify the company merging with Kotak Mahindra?
A. ING Vysya
8. Identify the Chinese electronics manufacturer which is endorsed by Sonam Kapoor and Hritik Roshan?
9. Given B2B stands for Business to Business, what does B2C stands for?
A. Business to Consumer
10. Michele, the richest Italian on the planet, is the head of the family which owns the manufacturing company of Kinder Joy, Nutella and Tic Tac. What it his surname?
11. X Ltd. was started in 1946 by SNN Sankarlinga Iyer (the person shown in the picture below). It owns the Indian Premier League’s Chennai franchise. Identify X.
A. India Cements Ltd.
12. Parakey, the web operating system which making uploading of image and video easier, was the first acquisition of which company?
13. Which card issued by the NPCI (National Payments Corporation of INDIA) is named after the combination of the words ‘Payment’ and currency of INDIA?
14. Identify the publishing house?
A. Penguin Books
15. Vistara is joint venture of Tata Sons and which airlines?
A. Singapore Airlines
16. Which institute in Ahmedabad was started by eminent physicist Dr. Vikram Sarabhai and Kasturbhai Lalbhai in 1961 with active support of Government of India?
A. Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad.
17. Advertisement for?
A. J&B Scotch Whisky
18. Who is present CEO of Axis Bank?
A. Shikha Sharma
19. Identify the business group.
A. Aditya Birla Group
20. Ngultrum is the currency of which country?
Questions contributed by Mr. Sudhakar and Mr. Nageshwar Rao.