Tata Crucible Corporate Edition 2014 – Coimbatore – Regional Finals Questions
Chennai Silks – Arul Sarvanan and Yogesh Pai
- RUNNER UP:
Brookefields – Balasubramaniam and Ashwin Balasubramaniam
Regional Finals Questions:
1. Company once manufactured underwear under the brand name Fortitude and got its current name from a naming contest held among company staff. Which company?
2. 150 years since 1964 this was a celebrated world famous ad agency whose logo features an owl and lamp. Which organization?
A. J. Walter Thompson
4. MIT150 is a list published by Boston Globe in honor of the 150th anniversary of MIT in 2001. Listing 150 of the most significant innovators, inventions or ideas from MIT its alumni faculty and related people and organization in the institute. Who or what topped the list?
A. WWW – Tim Berners-Lee
5. What is this?
6. What is common to Suzuki market in Melbourne, Huaxi Street market in Taipei, Sat bazaar in Arpora (Goa), Chiang Mai market in Thailand, Ratchada Bazaar in Bangkok and Yua Tei (Temple Street in Hong Kong)?
A. Night Markets
7. What term is claimed to have originated from an NBC documentary in 1944 due to the phenomenon of children being left home alone becoming common due to and after WW II , when one parent would be enlisted into the armed forces , so the other would have to get a job?
A. Latchkey Kids
8. Which viceroy said this on the death of Jamsetji Tata –“No Indian of the present generation had done more for the commerce and industry of India”?
A. Lord Curzon
9. In what unique way using social media did Taco Bell reintroduce the beefy crunch burrito?
10. This sportswear giant signed 750 million pounds to make Manchester United’s kit for 10 year.
12. Official slogan of the company when translated to English means “Make the Change.”
A. Li Ning
13. Contemporary ones are frequently produced in 33gm^2 glossy card. A company named Thumb Jack Bugle was the first to pioneer these. DL is one of the formats in advertising. What?
14. This company builds bonnie babies and is an original baby food manufacturer. Huge Global name. What?
A. Glaxo/ GSK
15. Co-written and directed by Oliver Stone and starring Michael Douglas, this 1987 movie documented the rise of modern shareholder capitalism. Which movie?
A. Wall Street
16. Company’s Global Depositary Receipts (GDR) are traded on the London stock exchange ticker as SSA. Which company?
A. Systema Global
17. Better known for her voice than her face. Who?
A. Siri Voice Assistance
18. Company was previously known as Socony-Vacuum Oil Company. Which?
A. Stadium naming rights across the world
20. What is happening here?
A. Prisoners generating electricity.
21. Where is the iconic Hattori clock tower is located? The building and clock tower were originally built by Kintaro Hattori, the founder of Seiko. The answer is a 5 Letter word.
Questions contributed by Ms. Anuradha Pai Ma’am!