Tata Crucible Corporate Edition 2013 – Goa – Preliminary Round Questions
Savoir Faire : Harshavardhan Bhatkuly and Rajiv D Silva
Marphous Human Consulting – Ashish Nalavade and Shoib Syed
1. This clothing design and manufacturing company was founded in Barcelona, Catalonia (Spain) by brothers Isak Andic and Nahman Andic in 1984. (Clue: named after food item of mass consumption)
2. Faced with one of the toughest recessions in recent history, which co. adopted a radical new management philosophy, “Employees First, Customers Second”. Attracted the attention of HBS, Gartner and Fortune.
3. Founded in London, England, on April 15, 1919 by Eglantyne Jebb and her sister Dorothy Buxton as an effort to alleviate starvation of children in Germany and Austria-Hungary during the Allied blockade of Germany of World War I .Today it is an internationally renowned and active NGO. (Clue: In 2012, It started Every Beat Matters campaign, aimed to end preventable child deaths.)
Save the Children
4. Name the brand ambassador for Pepsi Atom– Pepsi’s second stream cola, positioned as the ‘Josh Cola”.
Sushant Singh Rajput
5. Identify the logo.
(Clue 1: Almost all of us use this brand everyday but logo goes unnoticed. Clue 2: In kitchen and dining halls.)
6. PWC conducted its 16th Global CEO survey across seven regions and over 60 countries. If 1. Winston Churchill; 2. ………………………..; 3. Mahatma Gandhi. Who was the 2nd?
7. Which company owns Go, Govardhan and Topp-up beverage brands?
Parag Milk Foods
8. Name the Mens fairness skincare brand which started the initiative of Solar based electrification to over 125 villages across the country.
Garnier Men Power with Mumbai Indians- Project Chirag
9. The more current usage of this phrase refers to the billions of people living on less than $2 per day, as first defined in 1998 by an Indian and Stuart L. Hart. Which phrase?
Bottom of the Pyramid, defined by C.K.Prahlad and Stuart Hart but first used by Roosevelt in his April 7, 1932 radio address, The Forgotten Man.
10. Who is the author of this book?
(Clue: Appointed Chairman of the Federal Reserve of the United States by Ronald Reagan. Remained chairman from 1987 to 2006).
11. On April 3, 1973, from a Manhattan street corner — 6th Ave. between 53rd and 54th — Martin Cooper placed the world’s first mobile phone call to Joel Engel to tell him that the race to perfect cellular tech was over — it had done it first. Cooper’s exact words on that call weren’t recorded the way Samuel Morse’s first telegraph message was (“what hath god wrought”) or Alexander Graham Bell’s first phone call (“Watson, come here. I want to see you”). He reportedly said something like – “I’m ringing you just to see if my call sounds good at your end.” Which company to which company?
Motorola to AT&T’s Bell Labs
12. (Exact text of question not available) Question related to New York Times – New Super Metabolic Extreme.
13. In 1963 “Al” Neuharth joined Gannett company, quitting Knight . He founded this newspaper in 1982, which is now the most widely read newspaper in the country. (Clue: Country –US )
14. 3C’s Model was developed by Kenichi Ohmae. If the first two C’s are – The customer and the competitors, what is the third C?
3rd C- The Corporation
15. Identify the advertiser.
16. The founder signed a lease in 1759 at £45 per year for 9,000 years at St. James’s Gate, Dublin which has been the home of this brewery since then. (Clue: went on to become the largest brewery in the world.)
17. Brand of cleaning products, introduced by Colgate-Palmolive in 1947 named after one of the Greek mythology hero.
18. Founded by Satya Prabhakar and Sangeeta Kshettry in 1998, this integration online company has the tagline- “Delightful discoveries. Everyday.”
Sulekha.com (Inspired by Dakghar, an email list of IIM Calcutta Alumni.)
19. Identify this personality.
(Clue: Tottenham Hotspurs)
Daniel Levy- MD of ENIC Group
20. IHOP restaurants promoted the film by introducing three new menu items, a kids’ breakfast meal, and a drink all having the word “minion” in them. Sequel of the movie released on July 3, 2013. Which film?
Despicable Me 2
Questions contributed by Kumar Saurabh, currently working with The Manipal Group. He is an HR enthusiast and an avid quizzer. He runs a quizzing group on FB – inquisitivemindzz and a blog.