Tata Crucible Corporate Edition 2014 – Pune – Regional Finals Questions
Barclays – Asish Behera and Amogh Deshpande
- RUNNER UP:
Tata Motors – Prathmesh and Aditya Ramani
Wild Card Questions:
1. Which pharma company logo consists of a capsule and 2 pills?
2. It takes its name from a German word for ‘Seagull’; started as an ice cream brand?
3. Juice is a fashion and lifestyle magazine published by?
4. Which company launched the business vertical ‘Happy Nest’?
5. Dimitry and Justin Frankel launched this in 1997, initially called Nullsoft. What?
6. Its NYSE ticker symbol is BID. Which company?
7. Which Japanese company known for camera translates to ‘ripening field of rice’?
8. Which brand is named after the species ‘Pelia caparilos’?
A. African antelope giving the word Reebok
Regional Finals Questions:
1. What made Jim Goetz reach the top of the Midas list in the business world?
A. Funded Whatsapp in its initial days
2. This book is based on which financial firm?
A. Lehman Brothers
3. In July, 2011, TITAN launched HTSE collection of watches which run on light. If HT stands for High Tech, what does SE stand for?
A. Self Energized
Intel Malala ad (video); b) Louis Edward Walker and c) OMNI Hotels and resorts
Ans: CNN Studios
5. The entire crown of this national historic landmark is clad with shiny silver ‘Endura KA-2’ stainless metal developed by Krupp and marketed under the trade name ‘Nirosta’. Which iconic building?
A. Chrysler building
6. Chocolatines Savory Wine Flight Pairing ($80) , Halo Natural Pet Food ($6,142.89) , Max Martin Shoes ($750) , Dosha Tea-Based Pops ($35) , Blossom Blends Tea ($49.95) , Hydroxycut Weight Loss Products ($38.96), Narrative Clip camera ($279) , Polar Loop Activity Tracker ($109.95) , Steamist Home Spa System ($2,560) , M3K Beauty Products ($100) , Best of Vegas Tour Package ($9,000) , Rouge Maple Syrup ($250) , House Call From Nutritionist Heather Lounsbury ($500) , Slimware Dinnerware ($59) , Huntley Drive Fitness Training Sessions ($850), Le Petit Cirque Troop ($575) Le Petit Cirque Troop ($575), Jan Lewis Designs Bracelet ($400) , Walk Japan Tour of Japan ($15,000) , Epic Pet Health Therapy ($1,571.98) , Acure Skincare ($300) , Rocky Mountaineer Train Trip ($4,078.00) Gizara Arts Print ($1,000) Jitseu Handbags ($279) , Imanta Mexico Resort Stay ($3,300), Koala Landing, Resort Stay in Kauai ($2,000) , Aviv 613 Vodka ($30). These are the contents of what?
A. Academy Award goodie bag package for the nominees who don’t win
1. The rule of three in business and economy is a rule of thumb in the business world. Who gave this theory?
2. Identify the person who gave Mosaic and Netscape.
A. Eric Bina
3. P. Ramachandra started this in 1983 with a single product and 5 employees. What?
A. Jyoti Laboratory
Hint: started with pale ginger oil. Which company?
Ans: Canada dry
5. Constructed by Gaget, Gantheir and Co., it was funded by a lottery. By the end of 1879, about 2,50,000 francs have been raised. What?
A. Statue of Liberty
6. Childhood picture of P.P. Chhabria and K.P. Chhabria was shown. What did they find?
7. Edward Bernays, the father of public relations threw green parties to make the colour of what packaging fashionable to women?
A. Lucky strike
A. Lady Godiva
9. Introduced in 1953, Johnson’s baby shampoo was the first special formulated product. What was the formula called?
A. No more tears
1. Logo of which apparel brand.
A. Best Seller
2. The classification of this chart was developed in 1983 by Michael Edwards with standard families such as Woody, fresh, oriental etc. What chart is this?
A. Perfume chart
3. To which company did HUL sell Glucovita in 2003?
4. Which retailer has been trying to trademark it footlong brand?
A. TTK Hawkins Cooker
6. It is named after a type of mango that originated in Jamaica and was originally grown from a seed brought by immigrants from India.
A. Bombay Mango
A. Vineyard tourism
Questions compiled by Kamanasish Chowdhury of Q-factor Knowledge Solutions.