Tata Crucible Campus Edition 2014 – Western Zonal Round Questions
Symbiosis Pune – Arjun Krishna and Ashish Vasvani
- RUNNER UP :
VNIT Nagpur – Pranjal and Pawan
ROUND 1 (Global Attention)
1. Founded in 2005 by Marc Lore and Vinit Bharara in Montclair, NJ, Diapers.com is the largest online specialty retailer for baby products. Who acquired it ?
A. Amazon.com acquired Quidsi, Inc., which operates Diapers.com
2. Question on Justin Bieber Fragrance.
3. Chinese stock markets fell on 4th June . Why ?
A. Anniversary of the June 4, 1989, crackdown on student-led democracy protests centered on Beijing’s Tiananmen Square
4. Thai woman delivered six children (sextuplets), she named the sextuplets after what ?
A. Audi, Fortune (Toyota Fortuner), Porsche, Mini, Volkswagen and Fiat (Car Brands)
5. Question on Lemon Tree Hotels.
6. In 1868, London-Benjamin invented a domestic version of something which is used in almost every home. What?
ROUND 2 (VISUAL POTENTIAL)
1. This letter was sent in relation to which company?
2. Who bought this car?
A. Elon Musk.
3. Name the creator?
A. Stan Lee
4. Name the inventor?
A. Leonardo Da Vinci
5. What is blanked out?
ROUND 3 (TATA WORLD)
1. Sponsor of New Your Marathon?
2. TRIF launched 600 real estate fund, which Tata company?
A. Tata Realty
3. Which Tata company was conferred with the Queen Elizabeth Prize for Engineering foundation?
ROUND 4 (Think Tenfold )
ROUND (RAPID INTENT)
a) The founder was often called “Henry Ford of Eastern Europe”. [Buzzer Pressed]
A. Thomas Bata
a) Logitech was the first to market it to consumers and Nokia was once the largest manufacturer of this. [Buzzer Pressed]
A. Digital Camera
a) In 2005 , it established Lifespring Hospitals , a 50-50 JV with Us Bare Acumen fund.
A. HLL Lifecare
Questions contributed by Mr. Viraj Morabia.
As per Viraj “I am a final year student of Bachelor of Management studies (BMS) at S.M.Shetty College (Powai). Business Quizzing is a passion to me and winning Tata Crucible National / International is a dream. I started quizzing 2 years back and have won over 50 Quizzes in Mumbai and Pune. I started quizzing when no one from my ex-college was ready to be my partner and since then took up the challenge and went on to be one of the best business quizzers in my city”.